Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas

We had an awesome Christmas this year! On the 23rd we went to my mom's and had a fun party with my family. We had tons of yummy food! The grand kids loved getting together to play and spend time with each other since we don't get to see my nephews as much where they moved to Bountiful this year. After overeating, the grand kids acted out the Christmas story.  Lucas did a great job acting as a shepard and a wise man.   After the Christmas story, we played the candy game.  This has become a tradition at our family party in the last couple of years, and we always come home with too  much candy! We came home with over five bags of candy, and I mean big bags! I don't have a ton of pictures from that night but we had lots of fun!


The five oldest grand kids all got sleeping bags and bed tents, they were the hit of the party! Lucas loved sleeping in his bag and bed tent on Christmas Eve.

On Christmas Eve my mom watched Emily and we took Lucas to a movie.  We tried to convince him to go see Tin Tin, but he chose The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.  Lucas loved it, Kevin and I were almost brain dead by the end of it.  I don't mind the first two chipmunk movies, but I can barely stand the third! However, Lucas loved spending time with just mom and dad and not having to share with Emily.  But, by the end of the movie he was worried about Emily missing us, it was so cute!

That night we read the Night Before Christmas and each opened one gift.


Lucas has a hard time sleeping that night due to all his excitement about Santa; Emily could have cared less!

Christmas Day was fun! Santa of course dumped his sleigh over at our house:


I liked going to church and remembering the real meaning of Christmas and really celebrating Jesus Christ's birth.  After church we went to my in-laws house and celebrated Christmas with them.  My MIL made a wonderful dinner and spoiled the kids!  Emily loved playing with wrapping paper once it was off the gifts, but wasn't really sure what to do with it when it was on the gifts.  She eventually figured it out.




We had a great Christmas! We loved being able to spend time with our family and for all the gifts.  

1 comments:

Wes ♥ Meghan said...

Me - I have the shirt you (or your sis) is wearing from American Eagle in Black and Red... MOST comfy shirt ever. :)