Sunday, March 29, 2009

1 years old!!!!

Lucas turned 1 yesterday, yea!!! I can't believe he is one years old already, he is growing so fast. Not only was it Lucas's birthday, but it was my sister Jessica's 17th birthday yesterday as well as my Grandpa's in Texas. Then, Friday it was my sister Mandy's birthday, as well as my Grandma here in Utah. Thursday was my brother J.D.'s birthday, as well as his wife Polly, and the 21st was my BIL Jared's birthday. Needless to say until the 18th of April, my family is birthdayed out.

Yesterday we had a big family party at my sister Mandy's house to celebrate (thanks Mand for the use of your house)! We had a blast. My sister Jessica did the cake:

The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar


Trying to blow out the candle

With the other birthday kid, Aunt Jessie


It took Lucas a minute to figure out what to do
with his piece of cake, but by the end he looked like:




He had green frosting everywhere! Luckily I had taken his shirt off, but his pants were covered, he even had green frosting up his nose. He did enjoy the cake though, thanks Jess! After cake we opened presents:



We had a great time and Lucas really enjoyed playing with his cousins and he loves all the new toys and books he received. Thanks so much everyone!!!

4 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That cake is ADORABLE!! The first birthday is always the best - I love it. I can't believe how many Apirl birthdays are in your family. CrAzY!!

Jared and Delia said...

I can't even believe I forgot to wish him a Happy Birthday today church! What was I thinking?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCAS!!!

That cake was awesome! What a perfect first birthday.

Wes ♥ Meghan said...

I can NOT believe he is one year old already. :-) He is so cute.

Tyler & Laura said...

Yay! Happy birthday, Lucas! The first year goes by so fast, it seems. I love that cake---how cute!