Thursday, September 29, 2011

September Canning


Okay, I usually do a little canning every year. But this year, I've done a lot of canning compared to previous years.  I've done peaches, tomatoes, salsa, grape juice, and green beans and I'm not done yet. I want to try and get pears, apple sauce, and spaghetti sauce still done.  I for sure am doing a batch of spaghetti sauce and apple sauce, I've been looking for pears but haven't bought any yet, we'll see if they get done.

If you ever do grape juice, a juice steamer is the best, easiest way to do it.

I would never do it any other way.  All you have to do is rinse your grapes and put them in the steamer, stems, leaves and all! It seriously makes it so easy to do! If you've been canning, I hope you have better air conditioning then me!

0 comments: