Sunday, August 28, 2011

Trout and Berry Days

Kevin decided to go hunting on Friday and Saturday so my sister invited me and the kids out to Trout and Berry Days in Paradise.  Lucas had fun riding the rides and  hanging out with Sam and Alex.


Lucas and Samantha on the clown ride.





The one thing I don't have pictures of that I wish I did was the trout scramble. What it is a pool that the organizers fill with trout and you have to catch them. Three of the trout have tags on them that you turn in for prizes. They do it by ages and all the 3 and 4 year olds get to catch them together. I didn't get pictures because of Lucas doing it because I was helping him and my sister was helping her 4 year old at the same time. Lucas was really excited to try and catch a fish but as soon as they let us in the pool and the fish started swimming around his legs, he got scared and got out.  However, he still wanted a fish so I tried to get one but we didn't catch one. The organizers were really nice though and gave Lucas a trout when he came out of the pool. They also do a round for all the mothers that are in attendance and the first place prize is a free night at the Anniversary Inn. My sister, her MIL and me all entered, but we didn't win first place. My sister did win second place and got a free turkey! I'm sure the funniest round of the entire thing is the mothers. There were about 30 of us going after these fish in the pool. I wish I had pictures of it!  We had a lot of fun and will definitely go back next year.

0 comments: