Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Swimming with the Fish!

Lucas has been enjoying swimming lessons for the last week. He really likes his teacher and playing in the water. I do have to either not be there or sit on the opposite side of the pool so that he can't see me other wise he comes to visit me and tell me what is going on. His teacher is very good about the whole thing.  He does however like to try and wander over to the deep pool and make me nervous.  Luckily either I or his teacher has got to him every time before he's tried to jump in.



(This isn't Lucas' teacher but one of the helpers they pull in to help keep Lucas away from the deep pool.)


Friday we had a little bit of a struggle after swimming lessons. Lucas got out of the pool and I got him wrapped in his towel and his shoes on. We started walking to the car when he ripped his hand out of mine, dropped his towel, and dashed back to the pool. I couldn't get him to get out at all, so I rolled up my pants and went in after him. Needless to say I was fuming mad and wet. Lucas didn't get to go to the park with friends that day as punishment and he wasn't very happy about it. We haven't had any major problems since then and he understands now that when swimming lessons are over we stay out of the pool!

0 comments: