Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Happenings

We had an awesome weekend! Starting with Friday.  Lucas learned to really ride his bike.  He's had it since March but kind of lost interest when it basically rained or was really cold every single day for over a month.  But on Friday, Kevin came home on is lunch break and taught Lucas to how to pedal.


Then later that afternoon Lucas and I had our first snow cones of summer! I have pictures but they are on my phone and I'm not sure quite how to get them off yet, I'll post them when I do figure it out.  Then Friday evening we had friends over for a BBQ.  These three are Kevin's best friends and we were so excited to see every one!  Jim actually introduced Kevin and I.  We have really missed him and his sweet wife Britanie since they moved to Colorado.  Ben just got married to a cute girl named Dana Lee and we are so excited to get to know her.  We were also really excited to hang out with Dave and Jamie.  This is the first time we've been able to since they moved back from Wyoming and we are so excited for them to welcome a baby boy in October.
Us, Dave and Jamie, Ben and Dana Lee, Britanie and Jim

Then on Saturday we were able to hang out with Jim, Britanie, Dana Lee, and Ben again.  We took our maiden voyage in Kevin's new vehicle, The Blue Beast.  We drove up to Oneida Reservoir to go boating.  We had so much fun! Lucas rode the tube with Kevin for the first time.  Jim's SIL has pictures that she is sending me, so when I get them I'll post them.  We were so glad we actually made it there and back because the beast's clutch needs to be replace, but it was fun to have a vehicle to go off roading in.

Kevin and Lucas enjoying our drive in the beast
 
 
Us at Oneida

After Oneida we went out to my mom's and enjoyed a BBQ with my family.  Then yesterday capped off a great weekend.  We just enjoyed a lazy day at home after church.  We had a cookout in our backyard and took a good walk and Lucas rode his bike.  Our weekend was awesome; thanks to everyone who hung out with us and made it great!

0 comments: