Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

We had a great Easter!  On Saturday we took Lucas to the North Logan Easter egg hunt.  We only found three eggs and Lucas actually gave one egg to a little boy who hadn't found any.  Lucas didn't care that he hadn't found many eggs, he was just happy to be there.  He also sat on the Easter Bunny's lap.  I'll have to get the photo from Kevin's phone and post it.  It was crazy at the Easter egg hunt and I don't think we will do it again next year.

After the hunt, Lucas and I dyed Easter eggs.  Lucas loved putting the eggs in the dye and was so excited to see how they changed colors.

Later that day we went out to my mom's house and ate dinner and hung out with my family.  My mom held an Easter egg hung for all the grand kids and Lucas had a blast finding eggs again.  He also loved that he got to play with Braxton and Aaron where they don't live up here anymore.  My grandparents were also there and they got to see Emily for the first time.  We had a lot of fun hanging out, eating good food, and enjoying each others company.

Sunday, the Easter Bunny came to our house and hid the eggs Lucas had dyed the day before.  He also left a basket full of pirate themed toys and some candy, a new church shirt, and a new tie for Lucas.  (I'm not one for buying the pre-made baskets from the store, but it was cheaper for us to buy the basket with the goodies then it was for us to buy the candy where we only had to do one basket.)  I did miss that we didn't go to church but there is still a lot of colds and things going around our ward and so I didn't want to take Emily and Lucas has had a cold, so we were home.  But, we hung out and enjoyed spending time as a family.  We watched Despicable Me for the first time and I loved it!

We had a great Easter!  Since we are talking about Easter I just wanted to say how grateful I am for the Savior and the atonement.  I am grateful that he was willing to sacrifice his life so that I can return to live with my Father in Heaven.

0 comments: